NOTICE TO ALL DRYDEN GO-GETTERS MEMBERS
In further consultation with the City of Dryden and its closure of activity facilities and a directive from the Province of Ontario in response to the ongoing Covid-19/Coronavirus pandemic,
Dryden Go-Getters Activity Centre will be closed from
Monday, 06th May 2020 until Sunday, 31st May
Please note the following:
- The Board of Directors has unanimously requested that I continue as Acting President until an annual meeting can be held.
- Federal funding for a major flooring project at the Activity Centre to replace flooring in the dining, craft and main hall was approved and funds deposited in our bank account in March. This project was scheduled in 2019 to be done in July 2020. We are working on getting Federal permission to postpone the project to July 2021.
- Pancake Breakfast is cancelled for Sunday, 03 May 2020
- Thursday Bingo activities are cancelled throughout May.
- Because activities drop off during June, July and August, your Board of Directors needs to suggest an appropriate time to schedule the Annual Meeting. A special Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, 26th May 2020.
- From Provincial directives, Seniors” Activity Centres will be among the last places to “open”, because they will be unable to meet the Provincial requirements—social distancing and probably other safety concerns.
- Lessons learned: wash/sanitize hands; social distancing, stay at home, especially if sick or have a cold/flu.
At this time, we don’t know if further closures may be necessary. Stay tuned! I plan to be in the office on Tuesdays and Fridays, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. You may call 807-223-5937 or e-mail email@example.com.
Keep healthy and safe!